Thank you for your entries!! We have now announced the winners on the North Devon Biosphere Facebook group.
Thank you for your entries, the competition is now closed!!
Please see the Pledge for Nature Facebook Group to see the images that were submitted and vote for your favourites by 'liking' an image.
The top 10 most liked images* will be invited on a guided walk of Braunton burrows and the top junior entry will also win a £25 gift voucher for nhbs.
*Number of likes will be counted at 8am on 30th June and winners will be announced later that day.
1) Nature on My Doorstep
What have you seen out of your window, on your daily exercise, on your farm or in your garden?
This could be close ups of spring flowers (a chance to practice your Nature ID!), birds displaying their aerobatics or a drawing of nature from your window.
2) Doing My Bit for Nature
We'd love to see how you're making space for nature. Maybe your bug hotel creations, a drawing of your nature friendly garden or a volunteering event you took part in earlier in the year. See our seasonal activities page to gain inspiration on what you can do for nature and make a pledge on our map.
It's time to notice the small stuff! Can you find small creatures that you haven't noticed before and take a photo or draw them?
Devon Wildlife Trust are encouraging you to take action for insects so it would be great to find out what you have spotted already!
You can submit a photo, short video (under 15 secs) or drawing to enter!
Click here to email your image to the Biosphere mailbox. We will only use your contact details in regards to this competition.
Please include the following information:
- Your name
- Category Entered
- Adult or Junior (16 and under)
- A one-line description of the photo and location
Please note: By submitting an image you are agreeing to the terms and conditions (below) including that this media may be used by the North Devon Biosphere website and media channels.
Time Limit: All images must be posted on the Facebook post or submitted to the biosphere mailbox by midnight on 31st May.
Judging: Judging will take place by number of 'likes' on the Pledge for Nature Facebook group and winners will be announced on 30th June.
Prize: The top ten entries will be invited to an excursion with a local naturalist.
We also have a £25 voucher to use at NHBS for the overall winner for the junior entries. (NHBS supply wildlife survey equipment and books to naturalists, academics and ecological and conservation professionals.)
Please don’t post more than 1 image per category.
Closing date for entries is midnight on 31st May 2020.
Photographs MUST be taken by or have the consent of the Facebook user, please make sure you have the permission of any human subjects in any of the images.
To participate in the prize excursion you must be willing to travel to the North Devon Biosphere location (once it is safe to do so under government advice) at your own cost.
Any inappropriate images will be taken down by admin.
Please stick to Government guidance - We DO NOT encourage people to leave their home to take images (following the latest government advice ) #StayHome #StaySafe
Terms and Conditions
1. The organisers of the competition are the North Devon Biosphere.
2. Each entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all images entered.
3. Entries may be in colour or black & white and may originate from any form of image.
4. All entries must be accompanied by the following information: Name, category entered, adult or junior (16 and under) a one-line description of photo and location.
5. No more than 1 image can be entered per category per person.
6. There is no date restriction as to when each image must originate.
7. The closing date for entries is Sunday 31st May 2020. No late entries will be accepted.
8. Although entrants retain ownership and copyright of their entries, the North Devon Biosphere retain the royalty fee right and licence to re-produce entries in any publicity material related to the organisation.
9. All images will be posted to the North Devon Biosphere Facebook page. Judging will be via Facebook 'likes', the organiser's decision is final.
10. All reasonable care will be taken of the entries, but the North Devon Biosphere cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss.
11. The North Devon Biosphere reserve the right to right to change details of this competition.
12. Entrants must live or be willing to travel to the North Devon Biosphere (subject to government advice)to receive the prize.
Thanks and we look forward to seeing your entries!
Jul 19, 2021
Every month we like to reflect and celebrate all the brilliant pledges that have taken place across the Biosphere. This month, we have launched our new Nature Recovery Declaration!
May 31, 2021
Every month we like to reflect and celebrate all the brilliant pledges that have taken place. Our Pledge for Nature Coordinator Bryony Paul left the project at the end of May so she has written a few words to reflect on the last 18 months and we look forward to welcoming her successor in June.
Apr 30, 2021
Every month we like to review the brilliant pledges tand events that have happened. This month we had Earth Day (theme 'restore our earth'), we visited Braunton to give out house martin nest cup materials and wildflower seeds and we have helped to support a new community rewilding project in South Molton. Barnstaple in Bloom also organised a brilliant 'Tidy the Taw' event. This month we have a special guest writer Bethany Lee (volunteer) who has written a section about how to enjoy the sunshine in an environmental responsible manner which ties in well with the Devon wide Naturally Healthy May campaign!
To Our Biosphere
Make Space for Nature
More Community Action
Protect North Devon's Future