Thank you for your entries!! We have now announced the winners on the North Devon Biosphere Facebook group.
Thank you for your entries, the competition is now closed!!
Please see the Pledge for Nature Facebook Group to see the images that were submitted and vote for your favourites by 'liking' an image.
The top 10 most liked images* will be invited on a guided walk of Braunton burrows and the top junior entry will also win a £25 gift voucher for nhbs.
*Number of likes will be counted at 8am on 30th June and winners will be announced later that day.
1) Nature on My Doorstep
What have you seen out of your window, on your daily exercise, on your farm or in your garden?
This could be close ups of spring flowers (a chance to practice your Nature ID!), birds displaying their aerobatics or a drawing of nature from your window.
2) Doing My Bit for Nature
We'd love to see how you're making space for nature. Maybe your bug hotel creations, a drawing of your nature friendly garden or a volunteering event you took part in earlier in the year. See our seasonal activities page to gain inspiration on what you can do for nature and make a pledge on our map.
It's time to notice the small stuff! Can you find small creatures that you haven't noticed before and take a photo or draw them?
Devon Wildlife Trust are encouraging you to take action for insects so it would be great to find out what you have spotted already!
You can submit a photo, short video (under 15 secs) or drawing to enter!
Click here to email your image to the Biosphere mailbox. We will only use your contact details in regards to this competition.
Please include the following information:
- Your name
- Category Entered
- Adult or Junior (16 and under)
- A one-line description of the photo and location
Please note: By submitting an image you are agreeing to the terms and conditions (below) including that this media may be used by the North Devon Biosphere website and media channels.
Time Limit: All images must be posted on the Facebook post or submitted to the biosphere mailbox by midnight on 31st May.
Judging: Judging will take place by number of 'likes' on the Pledge for Nature Facebook group and winners will be announced on 30th June.
Prize: The top ten entries will be invited to an excursion with a local naturalist.
We also have a £25 voucher to use at NHBS for the overall winner for the junior entries. (NHBS supply wildlife survey equipment and books to naturalists, academics and ecological and conservation professionals.)
Please don’t post more than 1 image per category.
Closing date for entries is midnight on 31st May 2020.
Photographs MUST be taken by or have the consent of the Facebook user, please make sure you have the permission of any human subjects in any of the images.
To participate in the prize excursion you must be willing to travel to the North Devon Biosphere location (once it is safe to do so under government advice) at your own cost.
Any inappropriate images will be taken down by admin.
Please stick to Government guidance - We DO NOT encourage people to leave their home to take images (following the latest government advice ) #StayHome #StaySafe
Terms and Conditions
1. The organisers of the competition are the North Devon Biosphere.
2. Each entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright for all images entered.
3. Entries may be in colour or black & white and may originate from any form of image.
4. All entries must be accompanied by the following information: Name, category entered, adult or junior (16 and under) a one-line description of photo and location.
5. No more than 1 image can be entered per category per person.
6. There is no date restriction as to when each image must originate.
7. The closing date for entries is Sunday 31st May 2020. No late entries will be accepted.
8. Although entrants retain ownership and copyright of their entries, the North Devon Biosphere retain the royalty fee right and licence to re-produce entries in any publicity material related to the organisation.
9. All images will be posted to the North Devon Biosphere Facebook page. Judging will be via Facebook 'likes', the organiser's decision is final.
10. All reasonable care will be taken of the entries, but the North Devon Biosphere cannot be held responsible for any damage or loss.
11. The North Devon Biosphere reserve the right to right to change details of this competition.
12. Entrants must live or be willing to travel to the North Devon Biosphere (subject to government advice)to receive the prize.
Thanks and we look forward to seeing your entries!
Jul 1, 2020
Every month we like to give a summary of everything that has happened with the Pledge for Nature project. We love seeing your pictures and hearing about the actions you are taking to help nature to thrive!
Nature Natters, Episodes 1-4
Jun 30, 2020
Short video sessions where we will be meeting members of the community who are helping nature to thrive in the North Devon Biosphere. We will be finding out what projects they are involved in, what they have done for nature in their patch and asking what makes the North Devon Biosphere special to them. We hope you will feel inspired to help nature in your own area, if you have any suggestions for people you would like to hear more from the please let us know!
Nature at home
Jun 15, 2020
Become a nature recorder, get creative with your garden or balconies or download activity booklets and resources from a range of great organisations. We hope this compilation of resources, websites and activities that you can do from home and in your garden may be useful. Tag #pledgefornature on social media- Please let us know if you have other suggestions!
To Our Biosphere
Make Space for Nature
More Community Action
Protect North Devon's Future