Let's take a look at the wonderful Pledges made in April! This month we reached 1,000 Pledges!
South Molton Community Primary School were awarded a grant from us to implement their Nature Plan for the school so we've been excited to hear how they've been getting on. We were invited to join them on their 'No Electricity Day' at the School and it was brilliant to hear from many pupils how much they love the outdoors! As part of their homework over Easter, children were asked to create a Pledge for Nature! Let's take a look at some activities from South Molton and across the Biosphere:
- Omar in Chittlehampton is creating a log and leaf pile to give a home to hedgehogs as well as creating a beautiful little wildflower patch
- Luke in South Molton is installing a bat box
- Jo in Whiddon Down is planting 100 trees
- Elliot and Sophia have made bug hotels!
- Issabella is creating a wildflower patch
- 10 kestrel boxes made by our wonderful volunteers have been put up across the Biosphere
- Archie in Brayford has pledged to plant an apple tree and is leaving part of the garden to grow wild
- Vinnie in South Molton has created a bug hotel! They've already spotted bees checking it out!
- Smytham Holiday Park are creating 4 bug hotels. They're also planting some more trees
- Ben in South Molton is creating a wildflower patch
- Grace in South Molton is creating a wildflower patch and a bug hotel
The hard work of everyone getting involved in Pledges this month meant that we reached a milestone of 1,000 Pledges! We are over the moon that so many people are getting involved and giving a home to nature in gardens, farmland, business space and schools.
Apr 10, 2022
Every month we like to celebrate the wonderful pledges made across the North Devon UNESCO Biosphere. Let's take a look at what happened in March! Image: Kestrel by Martin Batt
To Our Biosphere
Make Space for Nature
More Community Action
Protect North Devon's Future